Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pretty cards ...

Hello there!

Today I am sharing 2 more cards that I created for some challenges!

This first card is based on the following Retro Sketches challenge:


As you can see, I kept the fun "randomness" of the sketch and made use of different textures to add dimension and make the card that little bit more "interesting".


I even managed to throw in a few cute heart ended straight pins!


The next card that I am sharing is based on the following I Spy Sketches challenge:


I slightly altered the sketch by putting the scalloped edge on the top ... I wish I could say that this was on purpose ... but I accidentally glued things on upside down before I realized!  Good thing there are no mistakes in scrapbooking :)


I chose to use this beautiful wooden butterfly and twine to add some dimension.  I also made good use of my sewing machine around the edges of the card. 


Thanks for stopping in today!

8 comments:

  1. Love that you used the wood-grain paper on a card. You have some mad-cluster skills going on too! The color combo and pattern mix really make card 2 srand out. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the woodgrain background on your card..very eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on N@'s sketch - I'm so stumped! Love all the texture and colours. As for your 'mistake' in the second - I call them happy design surprises! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great philosophy Ardyth! Serendipidity!

      Delete
  4. Nice dimention, love that woodgrain background. Thank you for playing along at RetroSketches ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these two cards! the first one with all of the bits and bobs all over it is so darling and the second being a little more clean is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card for the retro sketch - it really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the butterfly "bow" and the scalloped edge along your main panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at iSpy Sketches :D

    ReplyDelete