Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Cuban Experience ... plus a baby shower card!

Hello!

I'm sharing both a layout and a card today folks!

The layout that I created is based on the following lovely Creative Scrappers sketch ... and I'm also entering it in the Frosted Design Quilting Challenge ... as I've used my sewing machine to "quilt" all around the photos.


This is my take on the sketch ...
I chose to document a few photos from a day trip to Havana that I took when I visited Cuba a number of years ago.


The quilting is nice and subtle ... I sewed all of the pictures down like they were patches and sewed around the background photo mat and then around again and then across the mini alphas ... lots and lots of sewing!



Now onto a card that I created for the Friday Mashup decorative edge and ribbon card challenge!

I used my scallop punch to edge the bottom of the card. 


I used some bright green ribbon to add that extra colour and bring out the green in the cute gators in the paper!


Thanks for checking in!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute card! That green ribbon sure does bring out those alligators - it's so sweet! :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs, love the little confetti on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute paper, great for a baby shower. I like your decorative edge and funky bow.

    Thanks for joining in on my final challenge with the Friday Mashup.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Eileen, love this layout is is just so stunning! and such a super cute card too, you cannot go wrong with those papers, and a bow in your favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Love all the stitching!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute baby card.. I love the edge you added to it and the pattern paper is adorable. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete