Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby album time!

Hello there!  Today I'm sharing a baby album that I created for my friends Grace & John who are expecting their first baby next month!

Guess what?  This is also being showcased at ScrapMuch? today ... go check it out, and while you are there don't forget to take a look at the incredible sketch challenges that they have posted for the month of May!

I'm also entering this in:

1)  Love to Create's Challenge to use items that create a BINGO line on their bingo card:  just on the page below I have used a punch, ribbon and a flower (the brad) ... although I've sure that I've got many bingo's throughout the project :)

2)  I am also entering this album into Scrap Fit's fussy cutting challenge ... see if you can spot the fussy cutting throughout :)

 

I created pockets throughout (using my sewing machine to sew the pockets), each with their own tag inside for my friends to journal and write down about all of the special moments they want to remember :)


I am also entering this album into Scrap Fit's fussy cutting challenge ... there's lots of fussy cutting hidden throughout this album.  If you look below, you can see that I cut out the monkey on the left and the elephant on the right.


Since my friends don't know whether they are having a boy or a girl, I had to try to keep things relatively gender neutral ... so you'll see that anywhere I had pinks, I offset it by using more masculine colours with it. 

I cut out white pieces of cardstock and attached them (with a simple glue dot) where I thought it would be best for my friends to place their photos ... this way they can easily pull off the paper and replace it with a picture of the same size!


I had a lot of fun with this paper ... lots of bright colours!


Gotta love those banners!  I often use banners to embellish cards and layouts ... and they look good on baby albums too!


I love to tie ribbons onto the binder rings to add that extra pizzazz ... an easy way to make the baby album just that little bit more fancy!


Thanks for checking in today!

8 comments:

  1. thank you so much for a beautiful and thoughtful gift! We just love it and I have placed it on a shelf to display until baby arrives and I can actually fill it with pictures. Great to read the above explanation of all the technique and work that went into it. All the best with the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, this is a masterpiece! Each and every page is gorgeous and filled with all the details you find on 12x12 designs! You are fast becoming one of my FAVOURITE places to blog stalk! :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This album is amazing! I love everything about it...such great detail. I love all the cute animals! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing mini album!! So perfect for a baby! Thanks for joining us for the Weekend Warm-Up at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wOW!!!!! That is sooo cute, such a fun mini baby album!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! thanks sooo much for working out with us at ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know i love this so much!

    ReplyDelete