Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MME Layout Challenge & Lets Get Sketchy Layout Challenge

Welcome friends!  I'm here today with 2 layouts that I created (one for the MME sketch challenge and another for the Lets Get Sketchy Challenge) ...

First of all ... here is the Lets Get Sketchy sketch:


And here is my take on the sketch ... once again I've flipped the sketch upside down so that it works with my photo:

This uses the October Afternoon Farmhouse collection ... I love all of the cute embellishments and chipboard pieces that come with the collection.

I used the Epiphany tool (sold at ScrapMuch?) to create this very cool epoxy banner with mini-alphas.


This rosette was created with a combination of Maya Road rosette ribbon and Stampin' Up ribbon ... isn't it pretty?


And next ... I've brought you a layout that I created based on the following My Mind's Eye sketch challenge!




I've used the Follow Your Heart collection ... its a beautiful collection and I enjoy the soft colours!


I used mini alphas for my journalling ... and snuck a pretty pin into the corner of my flower/button/jewel cluster.


To balance out the jewel flourish in the bottom corner, I made sure to add some to the top corner.  Anyone that has seen me scrap knows that I often cut my jewel flourishes up into pieces so that they sit on the page the way I want :)  I also used two different Thickers for my title ... something that I have been doing on most of my layouts lately!


Thanks for stopping in today!
Your visit is much appreciated -- be sure to come back soon!

16 comments:

  1. both these pages are just amazing! love your use of colors and details and the photos are great!! thanks for playing along with us at lgs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the layout you did for LGS. Great colors and those papers are great.
    Lovely photo and rosette is so cute.
    Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper lines you used. Both projects are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these layouts are darling, of course it helps to have such sweet photos! But your paper choices and embellie cluster are masterful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute!so lovely! love the title banner!
    Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layouts! I love how you flipped the sketch and such a gorgeous photo! Beautiful MME page too! Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute and adorable layout! Thanks for joining the 8th Official Sketch Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eileen, these are wonderful. The soft colours shine on both layouts. Your banner placement is perfect on the first one too. I also adore the butterfly cluster on the second! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layouts! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - love the yellows and so many great details! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable and really cute.. love the accents in the clusters.. thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful paper you used in both layouts! I especially like your use of mini alphas hidden in your epiphany banner and also how you used them to journal in your second layout! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both layouts are great!! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh I just LOVE your layouts!!! Love how you have used the Stampin Up ribbon to make your flower and the papers and embellishments are great!! Thanks for joining us at LGS!! Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable and so sweet.. thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo lovely layouts you have made, such cute details. Thanks for playing at LGS

    ReplyDelete