Hello ... today I'm here with a mini-album that I created using the My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart collection ... since it has hexagons in the paper all throughout, I am entering it in MME's hexagon challenge :)
This album is also being featured over at ScrapMuch? ... so check it out there too!
The album started as a plain 7" x 8.5" chipboard album ... I designed it from scratch using the various chipboard embellishments and beautiful paper in the collection.
Little Red Wagon also posted a challenge to use pockets in a project ... so I decided to link this up there as well! .... (you'll notice that I've created lots of journalling pockets throughout the album!)
When I create a mini album I like to use ribbons tied to the rings ... it looks beautiful and keeps the pages from sliding around too much on the rings :)
I used very very strong glue to paste everything down (including the paper that covers the chipboard) ... this way I make sure that everything will stay put!
I have created this for a friend of mine who recently had her second daughter ... so you'll notice that I've used white cardstock instead of photos ... the idea is that my friend will be able to input her own photos.
In between each chipboard page I have created a journalling tag pocket ... I used my sewing machine to create the pocket and used eyelets to strengthen the ring holes.
I used a lot of embellishments on the pockets (as I did not need to leave spaces blank for photos) ... I used my Cuttlebug to emboss and create texture and added pearls for that extra pizazz.
Although my friend has two daughters, I thought it would be nice to make some pages that weren't super pink ... and I thought this nice blue/grey theme would make for a lovely spot for a family photo with her husband!
I layered die cuts with chipboard, ribbon and flowers for embellishment here ... a simple way to make the pennant seem tied down.
Another journalling pocket ... there is a tag inside for journalling, but I also left a spot on the outside for more.
I used Thickers to add titles to some of the photos ... I always had to be careful that I was leaving enough space for the photo. In fact, the last thing I did with the album was to go through and stick the white cardstock down with a single glue dot --- that way I was sure that no photo spots were covered with embellishments.
I love this doily die that I recently bought ... but I will admit that it took a while to punch out all of the little bits ... good thing it turned out so nicely!
I have to say that I really enjoyed using this paper collection ... not once was I struggling for ideas!
Here I used a tab punch to create a tab for the journalling tag in the pocket ... I've embellished it with chipboard cut-out and ribbon.
You'll notice that although each set of pages are so different, that I made sure that facing pages/pockets complimented each other.
I created a banner effect with two squares cut from one of the patterned sheets of paper ... and left plenty of room for journalling on the lovely tag that I created :)
And finally ... I had to end off the album with a bang on the rear cover. I left it mostly flat so that the album would lie well on a table.
Thanks for stopping in today ... I hope that you enjoyed my album!