Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Showers!!!

Hello!
As we all know, April showers bring May flowers ... so in hopes that the flowers will come soon ...I'm sharing an umbrella inspired layout and card today!

 Little Red Wagon posted a challenge to use an umbrella in a project and
CRAFT Challenge  also posted a Spring/Easter inspired challenge
... so I created this layout.  I love the spring colours!

As you can see from the shot below, I even cut out some umbrellas and pop-dotted them to add some additional dimension.  I clustered some die cut circles with some white flowers and pretty clear spring coloured buttons to create the spring flower cluster.
Paper Playtime also posted a challenge to use an umbrella and a die cut so I created this sweet card!  I'm also entering this card into the Joyful Stamper's Inspire Me Fridays!
The Kraft Journal also had an April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge (where you need to use something kraft)
I misted the kraft die-cut umbrella with a white mist to create the "rained" on effect.

Thanks for stopping in today!
Be sure to come back tomorrow for some more inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Great page layout. Love the colours you've used. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great! The pop dotted umbrellas are a great touch and I love the colours and dimension in your title. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Kraft umbrella is so original! Love that. Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete