Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rainbow Button Cards

Who Loves Rainbows?
I have always loved playing around with bright colours ... and what better way to do that than with a rainbow???  My 6 yr old niece noted recently that the last few cards I had given her were made from the same collection (... pretty pink cards embellished with purses, castles etc.) ... so I thought I'd try making something different that she might like!

Little Red Wagon posted a challenge to use clouds in a project and The Joyful Stamper has an "anything goes" challenge posted ... so I decided today was the right time to share the following cards!
I thought that the cloudy sky paper from the MME Lime Twist collection made for a great backdrop!


I love this white/sheer polka dotted ribbon from Bazzil --- I try to use it on as many things as I can :)


I used some really strong glue to hold down these buttons ... trust me, they are not falling off anytime soon!



And a rainbow shaped card ... I used my cuttle bug to emboss the clouds (that I free-handed) ... and used a border punch to create the layered grass effect.


Normally I ink almost everything in a pinecone colour ... but today I branched out and used a silver on these clouds ... rubbing a bit on the embossed part so that the pattern was more obvious!



Thanks for stopping by today!  Come again tomorrow :)

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Eileen!!!
    I love all the colors, your hand drawn clouds and that wonderful polka dotted grass!
    Just makes me smile!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays, I'm so glad you linked up!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm very excited to be featured at Inspire Me Fridays! Very exciting! I can't wait to play along with future challenges!

      Delete
  3. I love the bright colours. These are 'good mood' cards...lol Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cards! especially the shaped one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go-creating so many cards with button rainbows (the last one is my fav)!
    That cloud pp is perfect too!
    Thanks for using clouds and playing with us at LRW!

    ReplyDelete