Thursday, March 22, 2012

My first digital stamp ...

This is a momentous occasion!!! For the first time ever, I have used a digital stamp!  At first I wasn't really sure when I saw that Lets Get Sketchy! had posted an impromptu card challenge where we were required to use a Kenny K digital stamp --- but I went to his site and saw that there were a few "pre-coloured" stamps for those of us that are copic-ally challenge :)  --- It was perfect, I was able to download an image and print it on a colour printer.  I had a lot of fun!


This image was titled "Super Mom" ... I thought it made a really cute card image!  I kept things really simple, as I wanted to make sure that the image was the focus of the card.

 
I used my cuttlebug to create some textured "corners" and added some purple ribbon, a button and pearls for embellishments.


My friend Laura Whitaker does amazing work with digital stamps --- you should check out her recent creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Come again soon!

10 comments:

  1. wow, this is just the cutest!! love this image and what you did with it, nice purple colors! thanks for playing along with the Kenny K challenge at lgs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job! I love the colors, and your shading is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit for the beautiful shading :) ... but I have to give someone over at Kenny K the credit for my pre-coloured stamp!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining the Kenny K Card Challenge at Let’s Get Sketchy!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! and you did it in my favorite color! thanks so much for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go Eileen, so glad you played along - love your card and that you tried something new! thanks for getting digi with LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic!! It's the first time I had done a digital stamped image and I had no idea how to colour it,as I don't have any copic markers, so I just used glitter markers and then I cut mine out and stuck it on my card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Eileen! I love that image! Love how you took the colors from the image and really worked them on your card! Love the ribbon and embossing - great job! Thanks for joining us at LGS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Eileen! I love how you worked with the colours of the image to create your card. It looks fantastic! I'm so proud (or a wee bit jealous...lolo) that your starting to go digital. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv this! Beautiful colours! Super woman!!! This image is very appropriate for a certain scrapping super actuary!

    ReplyDelete