Monday, March 05, 2012

Sketch Challenges ...

Last month I played along with the two February sketch challenges at Let's Get Sketchy.  My scrappy friend Laura Whitaker is on their design team and introduced me to the site.

The winner of the two sketch challenges were picked through random draw (and I wasn't one of the lucky winners) ... but they also picked 4 favourite layouts each time ... and both times my layout was picked as a "fav" ... I was very excited.

Both layouts showcase great photos of my niece Zoe (thanks again to my sister Elaine for the great photos).  I'm starting to wonder if all I have to do is include a picture of Zoe and then people can't help but love the layout :)
This is the first layout that I designed for their "February mini challenge".  I had fun with the colours and the sky background.


This layout was based on their "February impromptu challenge".  I used Twig collection (from Little Yellow Bicycle) ... and found it really enjoyable to work with.

 The embellishments for Twig were a lot of fun and made it really easy to create ... including some really cute butterflies.


Thanks again for stopping in to check out my work.  Hopefully you've been inspired!  Stop by tomorrow for more creations!

1 comment: